Re: [Xen-users] how to start X in the guest domain

> On 1/31/07, Henning Sprang <henning_sprang@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > I'll be back after Kernel build with framebuffer + fb console driver
> > as non-module :)
>
> nope.
>
> CONFIG_FB_VIRTUAL=y
> CONFIG_FRAMEBUFFER_CONSOLE=y
> CONFIG_XEN_FRAMEBUFFER=y
>
> And still the same.
>
> Digging deeper:
> in dmesg I find:
>
> serial_core: no version for "struct_module" found: kernel tainted.
> Serial: 8250/16550 driver $Revision: 1.90 $ 4 ports, IRQ sharing disabled
>
> but that went away after fixing the extra arguments to be:
> > extra = 'xencons=ttyS0 console=ttyS0 video=xenfb'

OK.  Good.

> Also, all the respawning error go away. But still, I only have a black
> sdl window.
>
> BTW: is it a sign of a problem that I still have a console on xm console?
> Should that be only there when _not_ using the framebuffer?

Sounds much better.  It's fine that you've got an xm console, because we
redirected console output to the serial line.  i.e. the xm console is the
output of ttyS0, where we added a new mingetty.

I'll have a look at my config and get back to you...

Cheers,
Mark

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!