Re: [Xen-users] What does IP 0.0.0.0 mean?

there is nothing wrong with asking - 0.0.0.0 is a special address and for the ip address portion refers to "this" (host, or network), which can be split. In case of subnet masks, quadruple 0 refers to all address bits having to match, whereby 0.0.255.255 or /16 means the first 16 bits have to match. So, for example, a routing table destination 0.0.0.0 would mean packets' destination is on the same interface listed for the rule. In a semantic nuance, 0.0.0.0 is also displayed by some routing table printers as referring to all destination addresses.

-- Michael