Re: [Xen-users] is SATA kind of hdd is recomended ?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] is SATA kind of hdd is recomended ?
From: Ulf Joksch <joksch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 13:45:49 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 04:43:29 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi ram,

I use the following hardware:

    * Motherboard INTEL DG965WH wirh Intel chipset G965
    * Intel Core 2 DUO processor E6600 with VT
    * 4 GB DDR2/533 RAM
    * SAMSUNG 400GB SATA-HDD 3GB/s
    * Standard IDE-cdrom drive

The problem with the new hardware is, that it's hard to find
a distribution which supports all the hardware.

I finally used Fedora Core 6 which has a lot of backports from
the 2.6.19 kernel inside.
Actually I can use everything except the cd-rom:

lspci shows

IDE interface: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Unknown device 6101 (rev b1)

It is supporte in the kernel 2.6.19 thanks to a fix by Alan Cox,
but my XEN-Kernel is still a 2.6.18 one.

Beside this cd-rom issue the machine runs perfect. I use full
virtualization on Windows-XP and Debian GNU/Linux testing.

regards
ulf