[Xen-users] missing ethernet device

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] missing ethernet device
From: Brock Palen <brockp@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 03:11:11 -0500
Delivery-date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 00:12:19 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have two new dell poweredge SC 440's, These were the machines that were to work as a pair of xen hosts. They come with a integrated Broadcom 57XX series chip. A regular kernel (generated with gentoo's genkernel) and the nic uses the tg3 driver as expected.

When it comes to xen though i can not get the device to appear at all, I even plugged in a differnt NIC i had in a pci slot and it worked just fine with the xen kernel, but the boradcom does not appear. I see no errors. the tg3 driver is compiled into the kernel.

Here is the output of lspci -v  for the boradcom

04:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5754 Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express (rev 02)
        Subsystem: Dell Unknown device 01df
        Memory at efcf0000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
        Capabilities: [50] Vital Product Data
        Capabilities: [58] Vendor Specific Information
Capabilities: [e8] Message Signalled Interrupts: 64bit+ Queue=0/0 Enable-
        Capabilities: [d0] Express Endpoint IRQ 0

What are obvious things i should look for that i would be missing from my config? Or anything that xen would conflict with? I am using the xen-3.0.3 downloaded just yesterday.

Brock Palen
Center for Advanced Computing
brockp@xxxxxxxxx
(734)936-1985