RE: [Xen-users] Compile error 3.0.3 - vnc.c auf Debian Sarge

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006, bigfoot29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > [snip a huge bunch of error messages]
> >> Now there are 2 questions:
> >> 1) The system is a Celeron 700 - so I don't need the HVM
> >> things including
> >> vnc and sdl. Is there a way to disable these options?
> >
> > Correct, you don't need them. I don't think there's any simple way to
> > remove them tho'. (You could of coruse just remove the relevant section
> > in the makefile in ${xenroot}/tools and it won't try to build those
> > bits.
>
> Maybe its a small suggestion then to insert an if-clause that looks for
> these files - and in case they are not included just print a warning or
> error message saying that hvm cannot be used because of missing files? :)

I'd strongly support an option to disable HVM support. I've had a heck of
a time getting the HVM parts (I think) of xen-tools to compile... It turns
out that you can't use the dom0 kernel source as the target of your
/usr/include/asm /usr/include/linux etc links (otherwise you get pages of
complaints about changed #defines). Once you get that, and the fact that
now you need to developement files for X11 installed, you can build it. I
like to build the dom0 kernel in the dom0, but I also want to keep that
install small... definately a conflict there...

Anyhow, I just wanted to support the idea of being able to build a
"paravirt only" install.

-Tom