RE: [Xen-users] "Memory squeeze in netback driver"

To: "Marlier, Ian" <ian.marlier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] "Memory squeeze in netback driver"
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 19:09:05 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 10:10:09 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you look at linux-<ver>-xen/drivers/xen/netback/netback.c around line
572 (this isn't the latest source, but I don't think it's changed much
in the last week or so), you'll see where the error message comes from.
I'm not sure what the code does tho' - it's got something to do with the
hypercall XENMEM_increase_reservation, but I haven't got time to look at
what that does.

dom0_mem shouldn't be added to the vmlinuz line, but to the xen.gz line
- which I think is the reason your dom0 is showing 12GB. Not sure if
that's got anything to do with the above problem tho'.

--
Mats