Re: AW: [Xen-users] copy DomU

There's no difference in that procedure between LVM and a file backed
vbd other than the commands issued to create it.

You'd want to have the 'receiving' loop ready and formatted, and a
separate swap file made for it ready and waiting (just so you aren't
burdened with it during the actual "cloning" process).

I wouldn't do this with dom-u's running any kind of SQL server if you
intend to revert if something went wrong. You'd also find problems with
sessions if you had to revert for some reason.

If, per chance you kept an eye on slabs on the target dom-u (dentry /
inodes and dirty cache) and timed this so you did it when they were low,
I think you'd enjoy more repeatable success.

Good luck with this :) Please let me know how it goes.

HTH
Tim