Re: [Xen-users] (Network) unstability :-(( (Modified by Wilmer van der G

To: Anton Khalikov <anton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] (Network) unstability :-(( (Modified by Wilmer van der Gaast)
From: Wilmer van der Gaast <wilmer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 18:24:32 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 21 May 2006 09:25:13 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Anton Khalikov wrote:
> Do you see Zombies in `xm list` output ? Does your syslog contain
> anything like "unregister_netdevice: waiting for vifX.0 to become free"
> ?

No, nothing like that... :-/

Last Friday I decided to blame hostap (running a wireless access point
using PC hardware), so I unloaded that driver. Worked for a couple of
days, but my domUs went down again today. :-(

It seems I really can't get any debugging information. Nothing in dmesg,
nothing in "xm dmesg". I just have those zombie-files in
/var/lib/xen/save/, and the fact that network traffic to domUs just
doesn't work anymore. "xm console" is the only way to reach the
machines, and as soon as I try to shut them down properly, most of them
block and break completely (can't destroy them anymore, they always stay
in "xm list").

So what can be the cause of this problem? It can't be hostap anymore. I
can't imagine it's an SMP problem because SMP isn't quite rare anymore
these days. I hope PIII (Katmai) CPUs aren't a problem either. Is it
maybe because of IPv6? I disabled IPv6 for all VMs now, I hope it'll
help. If it doesn't, I really don't know what else it can be anymore...

Can anyone tell me how to do more debugging on this?

Wilmer van der Gaast.

--
| wilmer : :'  :  gaast.net |  | OSS Programmer   www.bitlbee.org |