RE: [Xen-users] Root fs on LVM on software RAID1?

To: "Mark Turner" <mark@xxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Root fs on LVM on software RAID1?
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 12:50:43 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 11:51:41 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[snip big chunk of mkinitrd problems which I'm not trying to help
resolve - I can just barely make it work when I do it myself... ;-)]
> The using this in /boot/grub/menu.lst:
>
>       title Xen 3.0 / XenLinux 2.6
>       kernel /xen-3.0.gz dom0_mem=262144
> root=/dev/mapper/group1-dom0slash ro console=tty0
>       module /vmlinuz-2.6.12-xen root=/dev/mapper/group1-dom0slash
>       initrd /initrd.img-xen-2.6.12.6-xen

For Xen, you should not use initrd command in grub to load initrd - you
want to use module to load the initrd too. So the line would be
"module /initrd.img-xen-2.6.12.6-xen"

This will avoid the Error 19 problem - it obviously won't fix any
problems with creating your initrd... ;-)