Re: [Xen-users] ReiserFS on Xen3?

I use LVM2 volumes for each of the partitions in the domUs - so I don't
think it's this problem I've hit.

I've used reiser3 for years now, with no problems since it stabilised
(2.4.whatever). It's only on Xen that I've had this problem, and a few
times, too. It made me switch to ext3, which I use nowhere else.

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 10:19:18 +0100
Marc Beyer <djhumbucker@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Molle Bestefich :
> > Paul Laws wrote:
> >
> >>my filesystem with reiserfs has been completely trashed - running
> >>reiserfsck left everything in /lost+found.
>
> I've had good only good experience with Reiser fsck for the last four
> years or so, however, there's a gotcha in that you should never store
> Reiser filesystem image on a Reiser filesystem, fsck gets confused and
> can eat both filesystems in that case.
>
> So if you want to use Reiser with Xen, be sure to use separate
> partitions (usually a better idea anyway).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Marc

Paul Laws
Analyst / Programmer
<mailto: paul.laws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Modular Concepts Limited.
Park Gate
25 Milton Park
Abingdon
Oxon OX14 4SH

Tel   01235 823098
Fax  01235 234099
This e-mail and any attachments hereto are strictly confidential and
intended solely for the addressee. It may contain information which is
covered by legal, professional or other privilege. If you are not the
intended addressee, you must not disclose, forward, copy or take any
action in reliance of this e-mail or attachments. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please notify us as soon as possible