Re: [Xen-users] (Updated) Xen FC4 Dom0 stability under x86_64 architectu

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] (Updated) Xen FC4 Dom0 stability under x86_64 architecture
From: Koby Leung <job@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 10:30:37 -0800
Delivery-date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 18:42:01 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
It's starting to look like it's Xen...

  Continuing my testing story - I wasn't sure before that my issue didn't have
to do with faulty hardware, but last night I did more testing.

I ran the memtest suite to test the RAM, no problems.

Then I booted under a stock redhat kernel and setup a script to do continual
compiling of the kernel to try to stress out the CPU. It's been running without
a hitch since for almost 12 hours now. :p

I still haven't isolated my xen kernel. I did recompile one of the fedora
kernels to get DMA to work. So that might be the problem...

However, I did note that my install is called xen-unstable. So...anyone know
just how unstable it is?

And anyone have any other suggestions for testing that would isolate other
components?

Koby