Re: [Xen-users] strange network behaviour

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] strange network behaviour
From: Goetz Bock <bock@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 22:07:26 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 21:25:00 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Jan 30 '06 at 16:13, Harald Hetzner wrote:
> I'm running Xen 3.0 on Debian testing. I created two additional bridge
> interfaces and a XenU domain as router which I connected to all bridges.
> ... Even though I can ping and traceroute from
> one virtual network to another (even into the internet), it is not
> possible to get any other traffic from one network to another.

You must disable the TX offloading (ethtool -K eth0 tx off) on all
network interfaces of your DomUs. While this offloading is supposed to
work it does not work on any of my DomUs. :-(

With TX offloading disables everything works as expected.
--
Goetz Bock       (c) 2006 as     blacknet.de - Munich - Germany   /"\
IT Consultant  Creative Commons  secure mobile Linux everNETting  \ /