Re: [Xen-users] hidden eth1, how to use in DomU?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] hidden eth1, how to use in DomU?
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 17:35:02 +0100
Cc: Denny Schierz <cuall@xxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 16:31:00 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> i need eth1 for an adsl connection via rp-pppoe (pppd). I was able to
> hide eth1 in Dom0, but how i use this device in DomU? Do i have to load
> the 8139too modul, to have eth1 in DomU?

Yep.  You also need to build a kernel that contains PCI support.  The easiest
way to do this is to start with a xen0 kernel config and modify it to support
your device.

The PCI device assignment gives domains direct control of the PCI device, so
if the driver works in dom0, the same kernel / modules should work with it in
the dom0.  I'd suggest you try getting it working in dom0 first.

Cheers,
Mark