[Xen-users] intermittent network hangs

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] intermittent network hangs
From: "John Madden" <jmadden@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 13:31:55 -0500 (EST)
Delivery-date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 18:30:36 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On a 2.0.6 installation on top of Debian and kernel 2.6.11.12 (Dell PE1750, tg3
nic), I'm seeing temporary network hangs while working on the child domains.
From
outside the install, pinging domain0 results in 0% packet loss while pinging any
of its child domains results in roughly 1% packet loss over a multi-hour ping.
While ssh'd in, a hang appears to occur every ~10 minutes and lasts for 3-7
seconds.

Connectivity to domain0 is never interrupted and no external packet loss
occurs.
I'm also not seeing any interruption between the child and domain0.

I see no kernel messages, nothing in the logs, etc.  Any ideas on what's going
on?

Thanks,
  John

--