Re: [Xen-users] Debian Packages for 2.06

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Debian Packages for 2.06
From: Yvette Chanco <yentlsoup@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 13:51:45 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 18:51:19 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 7/11/05, Tom Hibbert <tom@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> He hasn't filled out his Spec yet, but if this is anything to do with
> Ubuntu's kernel source trees, I don't see this flowing back through to
> Debian since Ubuntu's kernels are radically different and don't fully
> reverse back to pristine source, meaning there is a lot of work to be
> done to get their kernel trees to work with Xen.
>

>  On a related note, Google has awarded a Summer of Code bounty on
>  integrating Xen into Ubuntu Linux to Edward Despard.  Given Ubuntu's
>  very close relationship with Debian, it may be worth coordinating these
>  efforts.  I haven't seen any posts from him on the list, so you might
>  have to contact him directly.
>
>  ref: "XenIntegration" at http://udu.wiki.ubuntu.com/BreezyBounties
> --
> Max Lantana  /  max@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  /  www.lantanatech.com

Ed gave me approval to post this to xen-users. I won't be at OLS, so I
hope to see somebody from the Xen-side posting back on this, and I'll
keep an eye on his packages/update page. - Yvette

"Im working on packaging xen and building it into the debian/ubuntu
installer as a project
for Googles summer of code.  Unfortuantly due to that i cant take any
help in the form of
code, but i am definitly in need of people telling me what they want
to see in the packages/installer, and helping out to test the new
packages.  Ive based my packages on what i had started for xenophilia,
and have updated them to be closer to the debian
policy based on adams packages.  I hope to have some packages posted
by weeks end, so i can start concentrating on the installer work.  Im
planning on making a generic enough
installer udeb so that i can be included in xenophilia/debian/ubuntu
without modification.  My development weblog is at sparky.ath.cx/wp,
and ill post any news as to package release there.  Ill also be at OLS
next week talking to the xen guys there about what they want to see in
this direction.

Ed Despard--"