xen-ppc-devel

[XenPPC] Re: [Libvir] libvirt not compatible with Xen-unstable hypercall

To: Jerone Young <jyoung5@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [XenPPC] Re: [Libvir] libvirt not compatible with Xen-unstable hypercall API ?
From: Daniel Veillard <veillard@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 05:42:59 -0400
Cc: libvir-list@xxxxxxxxxx, xen-ppc-devel <xen-ppc-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 02:41:49 -0700
Sender: xen-ppc-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 02:12:09PM -0500, Jerone Young wrote:
> While trying to verify any potential problem between with libvirt & Xen
> PPC port. I've found that libvirt currently in CVS attempts to determine
> what hypercall version to follow, by looking at the hypervisior version.
[...]
> We are attempting to ensure that Xen PPC works with libvirt. Though we
> have to use the latest hypercall api.

 Just wondering, did you test libvirt CVS against 3.0.4, or is Xen PPC
support in 3.0.4 not good enough to try ? Basically I'm wondering if
except the hypercall change there are other PPC related changes which
need to be made.

Daniel

veillard@xxxxxxxxxx  | libxml GNOME XML XSLT toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/