xen-ppc-devel

[XenPPC] Re: [Libvir] libvirt not compatible with Xen-unstable hypercall

To: Jerone Young <jyoung5@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [XenPPC] Re: [Libvir] libvirt not compatible with Xen-unstable hypercall API ?
From: "Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 20:15:36 +0100
Cc: libvir-list@xxxxxxxxxx, xen-ppc-devel <xen-ppc-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 12:14:25 -0700
Sender: xen-ppc-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 02:12:09PM -0500, Jerone Young wrote:
> While trying to verify any potential problem between with libvirt & Xen
> PPC port. I've found that libvirt currently in CVS attempts to determine
> what hypercall version to follow, by looking at the hypervisior version.
> It determines that this is some arbitrary versioning "v2" of the
> hypercall api. This starts on line 1250 of xen_internal.c. This does not
> appear to be compatible with current Xen-Unstable from testing and
> trying to hack it up.

Yep, this is very likely broken because of the ABI changes for the 32-on-64
support done in xen-unstable a month or two back. Its on my list of things
todo, but not got around to it yet because Fedora 7 development was still
on 3.0.4 tree.

> Has any work been done toward making libvirt compatible with
> Xen-unstable that has not been included? Or is it waiting till the
> offical 3.0.5 release?

No work has been started AFAIK - anyone is welcome to take a stab at adding
support if they need it soon.

Regards,
Dan.