Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Patch] support of cpu pools in xl

On Fri, 2010-09-17 at 16:53 +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Ian Campbell writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Patch] support of cpu pools in
> xl"):
> > On Fri, 2010-09-17 at 12:41 +0100, Juergen Gross wrote:
> > > I just wanted to be able to support some (inactive) cpupools without any
> > > cpu allocated. It's just a number which should normally be large enough.
> >
> > What is the purpose of these inactive cpupools?
>
> Amongst other things, I would guess, the creation or removal of
> cpupools !

I don't think so, libxl_create_cpupool returns a new poolid for a newly
created pool, so they are not needed for that.

libxl_destroy_cpupool would only be used to delete a real cpupool, you
don't need dummy pools to remove pools.

BTW I noticed that we have libxl_list_pool vs
libxl_{create,destroy}_cpupool and
libxl_cpupool_{cpuadd,cpuremove,movedomain}. I think the interface
should use cpupool throughout and not just pool to make it clear what it
is a pool of. IOW libxl_list_pool should be libxl_list_cpupool, the type
should be called  libxl_cpupool and functions such as
libxl_name_to_poolid should instead be libxl_name_to_cpupoolid.

Ian.