Home Products Support Community News

[Xen-devel] Bug in CS 20073

To: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Bug in CS 20073
From: Stephen Smalley <sds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 08:03:10 -0400
Cc: Xen <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Zhang, Xiantao" <xiantao.zhang@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 04:59:52 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, 2009-08-20 at 17:02 +0100, Keir Fraser wrote:
> Looks like a lock normally taken with irqs disabled may be being taken with
> irqs enabled. Which wouldn't be allowed but could be easy to fix.

This appears to have been introduced by CS 20073, x86:  Implement
per-cpu vector for xen hypervisor.  It introduces mixed usage of
spin_lock() and spin_lock_irqsave() on the vector_lock, whereas
previously it was always spin_lock_irqsave().

Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency

Xen-devel mailing list