Re: [Xen-devel] Fwd: Re: [Xen-users] bugzilla.xensource.com

To: Daniele Palumbo <daniele@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Fwd: Re: [Xen-users] bugzilla.xensource.com
From: Ewan Mellor <ewan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 10:17:34 +0000
Cc: Xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 02:17:23 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 10:38:33AM +0100, Daniele Palumbo wrote:

> maybe you can clarify this too :)

> Subject: Re: [Xen-users] bugzilla.xensource.com
> Date: Wednesday 24 January 2007 18:08
> From: "Henning Sprang" <henning_sprang@xxxxxx>
> To: "Daniele Palumbo" <daniele@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> On 1/24/07, Daniele Palumbo <daniele@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > is bugzilla in use or is it in attic?

Bugzilla is still our official bug-tracking system, and it's certainly a
useful place to keep logs and things like that when tracking a problem.
Unfortunately, it's full of a lot of ancient or just plain useless reports, so
it doesn't get checked as often as you might like.  Also, a number of the
developers simply don't use it, preferring to work from xen-devel.

The best thing to do is probably to file a report in Bugzilla, but also to
flag that problem on xen-devel so that we're aware that a new report has come
in.

Our Bugzilla has particularly suffered in the past from people filing bugs
that turn out to be errors at their end, and then not closing the bug again,
or getting the bug fixed but not marking it as so in Bugzilla.  Please make
sure that your tickets get closed properly too!

Thanks,

Ewan.