Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] keymap support for PVFB

To: Markus Armbruster <armbru@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] keymap support for PVFB
From: Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 10:09:04 +0100
Cc: Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Junko Ichino <ichino.junko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 01:08:48 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Hi,

> In the longer run, I'd like to replace LibVNCServer by code from QEMU
> alltogether.  In the short run, working keymaps are quite welcome.

Hmm, so this works by telling the vnc server side which keymap the
client is using I guess?

I've tried to tackle the same issue by hacking the vnc client side to
send us keysyms no matter what the local keyboard mapping is.  So I can
have any keyboard map loaded on the host, qemu-dm/vncfb sees us keysyms
nevertheless and passes the correct scancodes to the guest OS.

Problem with that is that I don't have keysyms to send for keys which
are not present on a us keyboard.  That affects the 102th/105th key on
i18n keyboards ("<>|" key on a german keyboard), and I think japanese
keyboards have a few more keys which are just dead ...

cheers,
  Gerd

--
Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel@xxxxxxx>