Re: [Xen-devel] CONFIG_XEN_COMPAT_030002 broken?

To: "Gerd Hoffmann" <kraxel@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] CONFIG_XEN_COMPAT_030002 broken?
From: "Jan Beulich" <jbeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 15:40:10 +0000
Cc: Xen devel list <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 07:39:11 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Patch attached, seems to work ok, survived quick test with ttylinux on
>both 3.0.3 and 3.0.2 without crashing and detected both versions correctly.

Hmm, just saw that you already posted a patch - though in addition to
Keir's remark regarding kernel_pages_need_user_flag I'd also like to
point out that changing __PAGE_KERNEL_LARGE{,_EXEC} is unnecessary
as those already derive from __PAGE_KERNEL{,_EXEC}. Additionally
I think your change to arch/i386/mm/ioremap-xen.c makes the code
more complicated than it needs to be (I know, it had been that way
before).

Jan