Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [patch rfc 1/3] xen arch header rework.

To: Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [patch rfc 1/3] xen arch header rework.
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 12:43:56 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jan Beulich <jbeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 04:45:19 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 11/10/06 12:39, "Gerd Hoffmann" <kraxel@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> It's intentionally not generic because I'll intend to translate only
> stuff which needs translation and not pipe everything through the
> script.  One can try to move these bits (i.e. the @structs array) to
> some configuration file, I'm not sure that is worth the trouble though.

Well, generic-ish. :-) It ought to be generic enough we don't end doing this
kind of stuff in multiple places. It doesn't need to work on arbitrary C
header files.

> I can fit it into the xen/include/public subtree so the generated header
> files are available to everyone and not just private to libxc if that is
> the way we'll plan to go.

That would make sense. Xen itself will probably need these headers, right?
At least for the hypercalls where we reimplement/recompile rather than hide
the conversion in a copying shim?

And for implementation language: are you really stuck on Perl?

 -- Keir