Re: [Xen-devel] SPEC cpu2000 will always fail for ia32 smp hvm guest

To: "Zhao, Fan" <fan.zhao@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] SPEC cpu2000 will always fail for ia32 smp hvm guest
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 15:20:14 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 07:20:52 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 10/10/06 15:02, "Zhao, Fan" <fan.zhao@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks for your comments. Actually, I do not give a swap partition for both
> native and hvm guest when I do the test.
> One point which deserves to mention is that the tests for hvm guest and xenu
> guest are based on the same image file, which helps to ensure that hvm and
> xenu guests share the same testing environment. At this point, xenu guest
> doesn't have a swap partition either, but cpu2k could run successfully with 1G
> memory in it.
> Another point for reference is that cpu2k with 4 users could pass on ia32e hvm
> guest with 1G memory, which also does not have a swap partition.

If you run 'cat /proc/meminfo' on native and on HVM, do the MemTotal figures
match up? If so, this must be an issue within the guest -- it would indicate
that we are providing the guest with the same amount of memory as was
available to it when running on native.

 -- Keir