[Xen-devel] Re: Sparc32/64 porting effort, interest?

On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 18:27:49 +0200, "Blue Swirl" <blueswir1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >Your first task, is to port the zilog UART :)

> Zilog is trivial, I can reuse OpenBIOS or Proll code for example. No sweat.

PROLL does not emulate Zilog. It only sets up the OF tree
and leaves the OS free to use it. So, PROLL's code is fairly
useless for your purpose. OpenBIOS, I do not know.

But I do not see any need to emulate zs at all, if you plan
for paravirtualization. Just add a driver to Linux for some
kind of /dev/hvc (bonus points for making it compatible with
PPC64).

If you want to run binary Solaris in a full virtual setting,
then it's different. Otherwise, use OpenSolaris and add the
same hvc there.

-- Pete