Re: [Xen-devel] "xm save" trouble -- deadlock?

"xm save" works now, but I can't restore the domain:

  master-xen root /tmp# xm restore /vm/ttylinux/suspend.img
  Error: Could not read store/console MFN

It is trying to read two values that are output by the xc_restore helper
program on its stdout.  Have you inadvertently lost xc_restore's stdout?  If
not, then xc_restore is broken -- check for corresponding diagnostic
information in /var/log/xend.log, /var/log/xend-debug.log, and dmesg.

Well, depends on at which point in time I suspend the ttylinux Domain.

When suspending it quickly, so I catch it during kernel boot, suspend and resume works ok. The resumed domain quickly stops though and starts eating CPU time. I also see the mfn messages in the stdout logfile when starting xc_restore using the logging wrapper script.

When suspending it once it bootet to the login prompt the resume doesn't work. The stdout log also is empty.

BTW: what is the latest linux kernel code? Ian announced linux-2.6-xen.hg some weeks ago and also mentioned the sparse trees in the xen-unstable.hg repository will be kept in sync. Is that still the case?

cheers,

  Gerd