Re: [Xen-devel] Network script handling changes

On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 10:50:44AM -0600, Li Ge wrote:

> Ewan,
> I tried the two bridges topology you described below by following the
> exact steps you suggested, but I could not get it work.
>
> [Snip]
>
> Anything that I could have missed in the settings?

No, the settings look right.  Of course, I presume that you have noticed that
my wrapper script is not quite right -- it does not pass the "start" command
through to network-bridge.

Even when you run network-bridge manually, it still hasn't worked though.  Do
you get any error messages in /var/log/debug, /var/log/syslog, etc?  One
obvious problem is that you have no vif0.1 interface, which is the one that
connects from your new eth1 to xenbr1.  I presume that the script is bailing
out early for some reason -- it would be good if you could figure out where it
stops, and why.

Could you open a bug, and attach the output of

brctl show
ifconfig
route
iptables -L

before and after running

/etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge vifnum=0 start
/etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge vifnum=1 start

This should give us good clues to help with the debugging.

Thanks a lot,

Ewan.