Re: [Xen-devel] Breakage in -unstable for Transmeta -- Solution

On 24 Jun 2005, at 20:22, Carl Holtje ;021;vcsg6; wrote:

In xen/include/asm/page.h, revision 1.53 changed a line from:
  #define PAGE_MASK           (~(PAGE_SIZE-1))
to:
  #define PAGE_MASK           (~(intpte_t)(PAGE_SIZE-1))
and caused Bad Things for Transmeta..

That change actually got reverted as it broke PAE. So you may find the latest unstable version works better for you.

It seems to me, and please correct me if I'm wrong, the Best Way to fix
this is with something like a #ifndef CONFIG_X86_TRANSMETA {ver 1.53 code} #else {earlier code} #endif around this. This is what I've done for my other
changes, and seems to work pretty well. So.. where would
CONFIG_X86_TRANSMETA get defined? I've currently got it in xen/Rules.mk as "CFLAGS += -DCONFIG_X86_TRANSMETA", and am sure it's not the Right Way to
do it..

We don't want to select support for things like Transmeta at compile time. We'll have to work out how to make the selection at run time. Transmeta chips are fairly fully-featured afaik, so this oughtn;t to be hard.

 -- Keir