Re: [Xen-devel] PAE support revisited - questions

Karen White <kawhite@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> > Thats my intention.  Maybe build some CONFIG_PAGING_LEVELS_2/3/4 from
> > this and i386 vs. x86_64 to make the #ifdefs in the code a bit more
> > readable.
>
> I submitted a CONFIG_PAE patch, but Keir says PAE support will be
> determined at boot time, not compile time.

I think that was just because it was just the config option without it
being actually used anywhere.

> > I'd create include/asm-x86/x86_32/page-2l.h and page-3l.h and let
> > page.h include the correct one depending on CONFIG_X86_PAE (and also
> > have the common stuff there).
>
> Are you working on this?  I have modeled a page.h after x86_32/page.h
> but for level-3 page tables.  Not finished with it.

I have a old patch for that, it will not apply any more due to the
page table macro cleanups though.  Once the page table macro stuff is
finished I want to look at this again.

  Gerd

--
#define printk(args...) fprintf(stderr, ## args)