Re: [Xen-devel] Kernel crash

On Wednesday 19 January 2005 17:54, Derrik Pates wrote:
> Are you doing 'make ARCH=xen (menu|x|g)config' ? If you don't, the
> config will probably not be correct for your target architecture.

Yes, I do.

The problem is that the console breaks as soon as you set
CONFIG_XEN_PHYSDEV_ACCESS is set to y. With that setting CONFIG_VT_CONSOLE,
CONFIG_HW_CONSOLE, CONFIG_VGA_CONSOLE, etc. are set to 'y' and there is no
way to turn them off again.

You may edit .config and do a 'make ARCH=xen oldconfig', but afterwards those
flags are turned back to 'y'.

I changed the Kconfig files that define those flags to force them to the
off-state. Afterwards there is some output:
xm create -c zzzz
Using config file "/etc/xen/zzzz".
Started domain zzzz, console on port 9602
************ REMOTE CONSOLE: CTRL-] TO QUIT ********
Linux version 2.6.10-xen1 (root@yoda) (gcc version 3.3.5 (Debian 1:3.3.5-6))
#2 Wed Jan 19 21:28:29 CET 2005
BIOS-provided physical RAM map:
 Xen: 0000000000000000 - 0000000002000000 (usable)
32MB LOWMEM available.
DMI not present.
Built 1 zonelists
Kernel command line:  root=/dev/hda1 ro

That's it, nothing more:-(

> This is on an unprivileged domain? Unprivileged domains don't have a VGA
> console, and they don't have access to serial ports; the console is
> implemented through an inter-domain communication channel, like the
> virtual network and block devices are.

It is a domain with physical device access but with not a privileged guest.

--
Gruss,
Tobias

Tobias Hunger           The box said: 'Windows 95 or better'
tobias@xxxxxxxxxxx                     So I installed Linux.