Re: [Xen-devel] time jumping back and forth

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] time jumping back and forth
From: David Becker <becker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 09:29:14 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 14:40:43 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
" Are you running anything which is trying to set the hwclock in
" dom0? It's best to leave well alone and let Xen do this.

At shutdown the xen0 does try to set the hwclock.  Right after stopping
ntpd,  debian tries to save the system time to the hardware clock.

With yesterday's time fix, 7 of 16 hosts hang trying to shutdown.
The one hung host on which I have a console is trying write
the hardware clock.   From previoius experience, I suspect if left alone
an hour or so they will complete their shutdown and reboot.