[Xen-devel] auto startup and shutdown of domains

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] auto startup and shutdown of domains
From: "James Harper" <JamesH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 17:07:46 +1000
Delivery-date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 08:10:26 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Is anyone working on having 'xend start' create domains and 'xend stop'
send a shutdown signal and wait for the domains to actually shutdown? Is
this a requirement for 2.0?

Maybe it shouldn't actually be part of xend... I guess you might want to
be able to restart xend for some reason without necessarily restarting
all the domains.

A nice feature would be to have the option of migrating domains to
another server on shutdown of this server, with a view to being able to
call it from 'heartbeat'. (I can just imagine though if heartbeat got a
bit confused and somehow started two instances of a domain running from
the same NAS!!!)

James