Re: [Xen-devel] fooey. no interrupts.

To: ron minnich <rminnich@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] fooey. no interrupts.
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 00:25:36 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 00:28:55 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> One last note:
>
> I am (weirdly) getting further, a proc is running and asking for input.
>
> But I still get to this weird state:
> global irupt mask is 0xfffffff8, global pending is 7, pending_sel is 0,
> vcpu_data[0].mask is 0, and vcpu_data[0].evtchn_upcall_pending is 0.
>
> Seems to me I should be taking some async upcalls.

What's 'global irupt mask' and 'global pending'?

You won't get an sync upcall until evtchn_upcall_pending becomes
non-zero. That won't occur until one of the bits in pending_sel
becomes set. Which, in turn, won't occur until an event-channel has
its bit set in the evtchn_pend[] array, which doesn't have its
evtchn_mask[] array bit set.

 -- Keir