Re: [Xen-devel] help! error in creating a new domain

To: Steven Hand <Steven.Hand@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] help! error in creating a new domain
From: Xin Zhao <zhaoxin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 20:25:20 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 01:25:44 +0100
Thanks for Steven's kind help.

I tried the ways you suggested. For method a and b, they do not solve the
problem and I think my configuration is nothing to do with cdrom.

So I copy all directories from my normal root filesystem including /proc
and /etc/grub.conf. Xen stops complaining "kmod: failed to exec
/sbin/modprobe -s -k binfmt-9653, errno = 8". Now the system seems to
start to boot up. However, it starts to complain the following things:

modprobe: Can't locate module usbcore
[1] Initializing USB controller (ehci-hcd):  modprobe: Can't locate module
ehci-hcd
[1] [FAILED]
[1] Initializing USB controller (usb-uhci):  modprobe: Can't locate module
usb-uhci
[1] [FAILED]
[1] Checking root filesystem
[1] Couldn't find matching filesystem: LABEL=/
[1] [FAILED]
[1]
[1] *** An error occurred during the file system check.
[1] *** Dropping you to a shell; the system will reboot
[1] *** when you leave the shell.
[1] Give root password for maintenance

Note that the last complaint "Couldn't find matching filesystem: LABEL=/"
seems to be fatal, because the system exits after I input the root
password.

But what else should I do to fix the problem?

Thanks.

Xin