[Xen-API] Re: Project KRONOS - Networking

To: Mike McClurg <mike.mcclurg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-API] Re: Project KRONOS - Networking
From: Sébastien Riccio <sr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 02:49:38 +0200
Cc: Jonathan Ludlam <Jonathan.Ludlam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Rob Hoes <Rob.Hoes@xxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 01 Sep 2011 17:50:14 -0700
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Once again, thanks for all the help with the Kronos testing you're doing. Our network guy is planning on doing a complete rewrite for the next XenServer release, but hopefully he'll have it done soon enough that we can use it in Kronos.

HVM domains get built with an emulated network card, and then once the domain is initialized they are given a paravirtualized nic. It could be that there is something strange going on in this HVM nic initialization code that's not working right with Kronos.

Feel free to send your version of interface-reconfigure directly to Jon and I, if you're not ready to release it publicly. We can start testing it ourselves as well, and maybe figure out the HVM problem.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for you answer. Tomorrow I'll do some some code cleanup and optimisations to the changes I've made to these scripts, write a little description of what is needed to get it to work and send you and jon everything.

Cheers,
Sébastien