[Xen-API] grub/cmdline

To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-API] grub/cmdline
From: John Levon <john.levon@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 20:10:59 +0000
Delivery-date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 12:04:32 -0800
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
What are grub/cmdline's semantics? It appears to be undocumented.

I'm trying to work out what changes are needed for the bootloader changes I'm
making. The current .py changes I'm making after discussion with Tim Deegan
are:

use_bootloader (new: if set, use a bootloader. == 1 is implied if bootloader is
set, or if kernel is not set)
bootloader/bootloader_args (as before, default to pygrub if use_bootloader is
set)

As far as I can work out, if boot_type is 'kernel_internal', then this
corresponds to setting use_bootloader to 1. It's not clear how
bootloader_args is represented in the API - is it?

Currently it seems that 'bootloader' is returned when get_boot_method is
called, but the API docs says it's an enum of boot_type? Well actually it
returns '' now.

Presumably when 'xm create' is implemented in terms of 'xm new', then the
defaults described above would be implemented in xend only.

Is the API document being updated to reflect the code changes and vice versa?

thanks,
john