Re: [Xen-users] Can xen pv drivers take profit from this ?

Hi pasi,
some have maybe heard of the GPL dirvers for KVM.

See:
http://www.techworld.com.au/article/316219/red_hat_open_sources_windows_virtualisation_drivers

Is there any profit that Xen can get from this ?

There is (and has been for a while) GPLPV Windows PV drivers for Xen.

http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenWindowsGplPv/

Based on the feedback it seems like the KVM Windows drivers are still
pretty inmature. I haven't tried them myself, so that's just what I've
read online.

Of course I'am aware of the gplpv as I use them but I was wondering ... good to know.
Anyhow as redhat is pushing kvm we can expect them to improve quickly.

Maybe there is or there will be interesting things to pick in those drivers.

Matthieu.