Re: [Xen-users] How to create a windows vm with ganeti2.

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 10:22:42AM +0000, BRULÃ Yann wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I'm tryng to install a windows instance to a ganeti cluster.
> For the moment, i have configured ganeti2, i have created a debian instance
> with debootstrap OS, i have created a windows instance with xen commands,
> with a HVM processor.
> I have already initialize too my cluster with HVM and PVM option.
>
> However, i can't create a windows vm with ganeti2.
> my command is: gnt-instance add -t drbd--disk=0:size=5g -B memory=256 -H
> xen-hvm:cdrom_image_path=/home/Windows_Server_2003.iso -n node1:node2 inst1
>
> It ask me to specifie an os but i only have the debootstrap script.
> I have too a mistake that i haven't the good kernel
> /usr/lib/xen-unstable/boot/hvmloader but i can't modify the kernel with
> xen-hvm.

Just create a symlink for the /usr/lib/xen directory pointing to your
xen directory.

> It is possible to create a windows instance with ganeti2?

Yes.

> How could I have an os script for windows?

One was just posted on the ganeti mailing list by another user.

> Can I create an instance with ganeti2 with a configuration file? (like xen
> create x.cfg)

No.

> I have also create a windows instance with xen commands in LVM. Could I add
> this in the ganeti cluster?

You could in theory, but it is very manual and you would have to know
ganeti internals quite well.

Also, this question would be better asked on the ganeti mailing list.

regards,
iustin