RE: [Xen-users] Re: Pygrub Installation

  • To: "Christian Tramnitz" <chris.ace@xxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "James Dingwall" <james.dingwall@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 13:17:28 +0100
  • Cc:
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 05:18:13 -0700

> > James Dingwall wrote:
> > >
> > > I have made a copy of pygrub with that line removed, running
> directly
> > > against the rootlv gives
> > >
> > > /tmp/pygrub /dev/systemvg/domU_rootlv
> > > Traceback (most recent call last):
> > >   File "/tmp/pygrub", line 675, in <module>
> > >     fs = fsimage.open(file, get_fs_offset(file))
> > > IOError: [Errno 95] Operation not supported
> > >

> > Hm, for me that solved the problem, haven't seen Errno 95 for a
> while.
> > Can you mount the lv from dom0 at all? Maybe you're missing the
> > filesystem driver on dom0?
>
> Yes, this is fine, rootlv is XFS which is supported in dom0.  Does
> pygrub work by mounting the device and then read the files directly or
> does it rely on the information written to the MBR/partition to locate
> the everything?

It seems that pygrub doesn't support XFS which is probably why I am
receiving this message.  I found
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.xen.user/36999 and also
looking in /usr/lib/fs seems to confirm this.

Christian - thanks for your help but it seems I can't use pygrub unless
I change my fs.

James