Re: [Xen-users] can't add vlans successfully

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 10:56 AM, Zhang Li<cindy.zhangli@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Then we use brctl show, we can see eth0.100 and eth0.101 bridges is
> start up.  Then we start 4 xenU, 2 xenUs on each bridges.

Can you paste the output of brctl show? I doubt the built-in
network-bridge works for vlan interfaces as it involves some interface
renaming (e.g. eth0 -> peth0).

> But questions is that: I can't get the 8021q packages with ethereal
> tool.

Which interface did you run ethereal on?

>  I doubt that I don't setup the vlans successfully. And xenU in
> the vlans can't connect the outside by using ping address.

For starters, for complex configurations like this I find it easier to
simply use the OS configuration scripts to setup bridge/vlans (on
redhat this would be /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-*) and
comment-out nwtroking scripts on /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp.

After that, I'd test whether vlan works before throwing in bridge and
Xen to mix. For example, I'd create eth0.100 on top of eth0, and test
it. If it works, I create br100 on top of eth0.100 and move the IP
address to br100. After it works, I tell domU to use br100 as bridge.

--
Fajar