RE: [Xen-users] Re: AMD-V or VT

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Dustin Henning" <Dustin.Henning@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 08:32:57 -0400
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 05:33:51 -0700

Adrian,
        Are you sure on this?  I have definitely seen a lot of things that
don't work on a USB serial port, and I have heard about a lot of things that
don't work on a USB parallel adapter.  I can think of no good solid technical
reason other than bad engineering, cheap manufacturing, or poor driver
programming, but I would say there are definitely USB serial and parallel ports
that will not work with some devices.  Regarding usb parallel ports, I also
know that in shopping for them, many of them specifically say they won't
support some standard functions or functionalities, or they say they were
designed for printers and only printers.  That isn't to say that there aren't
USB serial and parallel ports that would function fully, just that there
certainly are those that won't.  I suppose it is possible that my experiences
with serial ports and those I have read about with parallel ports are the fault
of Windows, but it seems unlikely.
        Dustin