Re: [Xen-devel] PVOPS dom0 requires nomodeset to boot but video requires modesetting driver

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 12:17:57PM -0400, John McDermott (U.S. Navy Employee)
wrote:
> Konrad,
>
> Agreed. However, this is the newest kernel I have been able to build and
> boot, on the target box. I started with the latest and worked my way back
> down to 2.6.32.25, to get one that would build and boot. Most of our
> platforms are up to about 2.6.32.32 or thereabouts.

Whooooa. What are the boot issues with the newer kernels?

BTW, you hadn't provided me with the 'drm.debug=255' and 'i915..' debug options.

> The target is an Intel DG35JO board, which is a bit old itself? It does not
> expose all of the latest VT-d features, so perhaps it would be better to set
> the whole platform aside and put efforts into getting newer hardware that can
> do things like SR-IOV and EPT?

It should work. I've some more ancient boxes than that and they boot fine.