Re: [Xen-devel] RE: produce windows compatible dump file from Dom0

Hi all,

Did anyone make any progress on this?

I'm interested in getting a Windows memory dump out of a XenServer suspend image.

Is it even remotely possible?

Thanks,

David

On 23 February 2011 22:15, James Harper <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> IIRC Tim posted kdd a while ago which should allow generation of crash
dumps
> from the VM without Windows doing anything at all.

I hadn't seen that. It looks pretty cool.

But I think there is still value in getting a synthesized crash dump out
as I won't necessarily have access to the machines that might be
crashing. It can be done already via 'xm dump-core' and a bit of extra
mucking around, but it would be much easier if I could just ask the user
to do (say) 'xm dump-core -w' and make the resulting dump available to
me.

James