Re: [Xen-devel] Patches that are going to be proposed for 2.6.40.

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 09:17:11AM -0400, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
> On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 11:49:28AM +0200, Daniel Kiper wrote:
> > On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 01:19:11PM -0400, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
> > > . which are on the light side.
> > >
> > > These are the branches that I am going to ask Linus to pull:
> > >
> > >  - 'stable/general.cleanup' and 'stable/balloon.cleanup'
> > >  - 'stable/irq', 'stable/p2m-e820-pci.v2', 'stable/gntalloc.v7' and
> > > 'stable/backend.base.v3'
> > >
> > > And will ask the block maintainer (Jens) to pull this one:
> > >  - 'stable/blkfront'
> > >
> > > There aren't any big features - mostly just bug-fixes and more nice
> > > cleanups.
> > > If it looks that I've missed something - please poke me immediately.
> >
> > Konrad, what about https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/5/4/339 ???
>
> Ah, I knew I missed something. Let me take a look.
>
> > I think it is worth to do that cleanups (explanation why
> > is at https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/5/9/145).
>
> Cleanups are always good. The only thing I am worried about is that the
> initdata->initconst and that it might somehow screw something up. But
> testing will tell.

I saw that you merged them in your tree. Thx.

> > Additionally, today I am going to prapare final version of memory hotplug
> > patch and fix for git commit 24bdb0b62cc82120924762ae6bc85afc8c3f2b26
> > (xen: do not create the extra e820 region at an addr lower than 4G)
> > (I was very tired yesterday and I could not prepare them earlier).
> > Regarding last one we agreed (Stefano, you and I) that it is worth to
> > do that. Additionally, I think it is worth to include that fix in
>
> Yes.

I posted fix for git commit 24bdb0b62cc82120924762ae6bc85afc8c3f2b26
yesterday. However, I would like to wait to final version of prerequisite
patches (David Rientjes sent me some comments yesterday) before publishing
final version of memory hotplug patch. What time constraints we have
for memory hotplug now ???

> > 2.6.39, however, as I know it could be very difficult to do that
> > at that stage.
>
> We can do it through the stable tree when 2.6.39 gets released.

OK.

Daniel