Re: [Xen-devel] Xen unstable crash

On 17/03/2009 10:37, "Andrew Lyon" <andrew.lyon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Building now... I noticed that both of those changesets touch multi.c,
>> and I happened to notice this message was displayed before one of the
>> crashes:
>>
>> (XEN) multi.c:3348:d12 write to pagetable during event injection:
>> cr2=0x80392d74, mfn=0xb58bb
>>
> Reverting those two changesets did not stop the problem, I didn't get
> the crash message this time because the scrollback buffer in my serial
> console had been overwritten before I got a change to copy it, but it
> looked the same as the others.

Hmm.. I'll have to draw up a new hit list of suspicious changesets. The
difficulty of bisecting a problem when we have two separate repositories
uinvolved (xen-unsatble and the qemu repo) is something we may have to
consider after 3.4 is out. It's worked okay so far but it does rather break
down when the bugs hit the fan!

 -- Keir