Re: [Xen-devel] xm dump-core and analyzing

> Hi Akio, Thanks for your help.
>
> But I don't think this tool is compatible with xm dump-core's product,
> but rather with xen0/xenU kernel coredumps.
>
> Anyone?

The xm dump-core facility is just a way of forcing a xenU crash,
and uses the same dumpfile format as xenU kernel coredumps.

Xen0 coredumps require the kdump facility since xen0 needs to
be running in order to take a xenU coredump.

Anyway, the crash utility supports xendumps from paravirtualized
x86 and x86_64 xenU kernels, and vmcores from the currently
under development xen0-kdump facility.

Dave Anderson