[Xen-devel] 32bit HVM PV drivers on 64bit hypervisor

  • To: "Steven Smith" <sos22-xen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "He, Qing" <qing.he@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 18:16:27 +0800
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 03:17:15 -0700

Hi Steven,
I onced played with your PV-on-HVM driver before it is checked in into
unstable, I remember at that time, there is a XENFEAT_64bit_shared_info
flag to handle situation of 32bit guest on 64bit hypervisor, at least
vnif works fine with it.

Later, when the code is checked in, this flag is gone. At first I though
this was an effort to make hypervisor more transparent to HVM guest, but
now I found 32bit guest vnif refused to work on a 64bit hypervisor. It
seems this part of code has never made its way into unstable?

Were there any considerations on this issue?

Best regards,
Qing