Re: [Xen-devel] removing event notification for HVM IRQ injection?

On 20/10/06 10:10 am, "Dong, Eddie" <eddie.dong@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

       When looking at improving the HVM TPR acceleration, I noticed your previous patch (CSET:10974) replaced evtchn_set_pending in both hlt_timer_fn & vlapic_accept_irq with hvm_prod_vcpu. I am not sure for the purpose but at least one thing is missed after this patch: previous evtchn_set_pending may use physical IPI to interrupt target VP while hvm_prod_vcpu not. If the target VP is running, delivering guest IRQ  ( both hlt_timer_fn & vlapic_accept_irq ) to a running VP have to use physical IPI to interrupt the execution to inject IRQ, without this the logic may be wrong.

Can u share more lights with us?

I suggest killing hvm_prod_vcpu() entirely and callers use vcpu_kick() instead. I think vcpu_kick() does exactly what you want.

 -- Keir