[Xen-devel] NUMA support on Xen ?

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Deepti Chheda" <dchheda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 21:13:55 -0400 (EDT)
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 01:06:02 -0700

Hi,

I am a Masters student from Carnegie Mellon University. I am looking for a
research topics for an Advanced OS & DS course we have.

I wanted to know what is the current support for NUMA on Xen ?
Does it support the IBM x440 and AMD64 Opteron ?
Also, does the Xen scheduler do NUMA aware scheduling so it does not degrade
the VM performace ?

My group is currently looking into Scheduling policies for NUMA systems for
multiple VMs.

Let me know if its already done in Xen.

Thanks,
Deepti Chheda