Re: [Xen-devel] Lockup at boot with nFroce SATA

> Is the sata_nv (based on SCSI) driver supposed to work with Xen?

I'd have hoped it would have worked, but it hasn't been tested.

Xen is less forgiving of technically buggy drivers than standard
x86. Drivers that have been made to work on other architectures
such as Alpha and PPC tend to have had such bugs beaten out of
them, but I guess sata_nv isn't in that category.

My guess would be that there's some code in the driver that is
taking liberties with treating physical and bus addresses as the
same. If you can add some tracing to the driver to narrow things
down we may be able to help you.

Ian